Friday, April 27, 2012

what moved Jesus

Mark 1:41, Moved with pity, he stretched out his hand and touched him
Mark 3:5, And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart
Mark 6:6, And he marveled because of their unbelief
Mark 6:34, When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them because they were like sheep without a shepherd
Mark 8:2, I have compassion on the crowd, because they have been with me now 3 days and have nothing to eat

Pity, anger, grief, marvel, compassion . . .

Mark's gospel is helping me develop a fuller view of Jesus.  And if I truly want to be more like Jesus, I have to ask myself:
Am I moved with pity as I observe the sufferings and misfortunes of others?
Do hardened hearts anger and grieve me?
As I see so many lost souls struggling to make sense of this world, does it move me with compassion?
Do I have compassion for the hungry?

Do the things that moved Jesus move me?

No comments:

Post a Comment