Thursday, January 12, 2012

Psalms 1-6

I found reading through 6 Psalms to be challenging.  Each of them is loaded with so much truth, imagery, complexity, etc. that it makes it difficult to find one thing to write about.  But I found one . . .
Psalm 53:3 says, 
"In the morning, Oh Lord, You hear my voice;
in the morning I lay my requests before you 
and wait in expectation."
I share at least one thing in common with David, the author of the Psalm; we both go to the Lord in the morning.  I feel like I must be doing something right if I am even slightly in line with David, "the man after God's own heart".  I like the feeling of participating in the ancient tradition of meeting God in the morning and then living the rest of my day in expectation . . .
Expectation . . . I need to emphasize expectation.  How will God answer my prayer today?  How will God use me today?  What will God show me today?  Who will God put in my path to serve today?  What good is it to start my day with God if I don't carry with me a sense of waiting in expectation for His response?  I expect Him to answer my prayers today, and I expect Him to use me to share the light of His love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment