Thursday, January 19, 2012

Psalm 7-12

Psalm 10 jumped off the page at me today.
Verse 1
"Why, O Lord, do you stand afar off?
Why, do you hide yourself in times of trouble?"
I love the authenticity of the author.  We have all felt this way in the past, if not now; but have we all expressed those feelings to God?
Then in verses 2-12 the author expounds on all the injustice he sees in the world; the poor oppressed and the helpless taken advantage of.
In verses 12-16 he says that he knows that God sees it all, and he has seen God help in the past. So take action!
I love verses 17-18
"O Lord, you hear the desire of the afflicted; 
you will strengthen their heart; you will incline your ear
to do justice to the fatherless and the oppressed . . ."

"You will" . . . that is faith . . . "You will" says I know who you are.  I have seen you work.  I have heard your stories.  And based on all of that I believe that You will. . . . The how, the when, and the why may never be answered, but I lay them at the feet of the One in whom I trust.  He will.  If not in this life then the next, but He will.

May my life exhibit a heart for the afflicted, fatherless, and oppressed; and may I have greater faith today in the One who will.

No comments:

Post a Comment