Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Genesis 37-50 The Story of Joseph

Genesis 37-50 tells the story of the life of Joseph--one of the greatest stories in the Bible.  Two themes jump out at me from the story.  One is the faithfulness of God.  The story is told from the third person perspective, so we get to see how God is using all the injustices of Joseph's life to honor his promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. The other theme is the faithfulness of Joseph.  Regardless of what happens to Joseph he consistently responds with renewed faith in God, whether it's being sold into slavery, being falsely imprisoned, or being lied to--he never loses his faith.  God is faithful.  Joseph is faithful.

Joseph didn't have the privilege of of reading the story of his life.  He simply had to wake up each day and choose to believe that God would work all things out for his good and God's glory.  I hope my life will be as inspiring of a story as Joseph's, but I suppose all I can do is wake up each day and choose to believe that God will work all things out for my good and His glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment