Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Matthew 4-5

Matthew 4-5 covers Jesus' temptation, the call of the disciples, and the sermon on the mount.  4:14-16 jumped off the page at me this morning: "You are the light of the world. A city set on a hill cannot be hidden.  Nor do people light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a stand, and it gives light to all in the house.  In the same way, let your light shine before others, so that they may see your good works and give glory to your father who is in Heaven."
Often times the Bible is hard to understand.  Frequently Jesus speaks in stories and parables that are confusing.  However, that is not the case this morning.  Jesus doesn't get much clearer than this.  As a follower of Jesus I am a light, and I have the responsibility to shine.  How do I shine?  By my good works.  Why do I shine? So others can give glory to my Father in Heaven.
May I bring light into the world today and may others be pointed to my Father in Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Pretty simple, pretty clear - Hope we can all shine for our Lord today so other can give glory to the Father. Thanks Matthew!

    ReplyDelete