Sunday, July 15, 2012

humility

". . . in humility count others more significant than yourself . . ."
the stranger on the street, the cashier at the grocery store, your neighbor, your co-worker, that annoying guy at school, that smelly guy on the bus, my wife, my child . . . more significant than myself . . .
". . . look not only to your own interests, but also to the interest of others . . ."
I wonder what would change if I asked the cashier about her interests, instead of mindlessly standing their listening to the beeps of the scanner.
I wonder what would change if I showed interests in my neighbors life instead of telling them all about mine.
I wonder what would change if I focused on my wife's interests instead of expecting her to be focused on mine.
I wonder if what would change is that my life would begin to resemble Jesus' life and the people in my life would become drawn to Jesus, "who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to death, even death on a cross."
Philippians 2:3-8

The trouble with blogging is, it all sounds so nice as words on a screen, but it is only powerful if I actually put it into action . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment