Friday, April 22, 2011

Grace and Truth

Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ and from His fullness we have received grace upon grace (John 1:17b,16)

The more I become aware of the truth of who I am--my selfishness, pride, greed, hypocrisy, etc.  the more I embrace the grace that comes through Jesus.  In his grace he died my death--paid my penalty--suffered for my sins.  In his grace he gave me a gift that I did not deserve, that I did not earn, and that I can not repay.  The truth of who I am reminds me that I need grace upon grace upon grace--and the truth that came through Jesus assures me that the grace is eternal and efficient.

Today is good Friday and I believe Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross is more than a beautiful picture--it is more than a compelling story--it is more than an inspiring idea.  I believe Jesus' sacrificial death on the cross is an event that actually happened 2000 years ago--it is an event that proclaims the grace and truth of a holy God's relentless love for humanity.

Grace and truth came through Jesus Christ and from His fullness we have received grace upon grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment